Switch again. Adapt to a new situation. Processing new information. The corona measures demand a lot from us as a society. In this article (Dutch/English), Paul Wylleman, head of SPMB and TeamNL expert in performance behavior and mental advice, shares some practical tips to help you, both athletes and non-athletes, in dealing with those far-reaching measures.
The tips in a nutshell
- Try to look for a new structure;
- Do not overload yourself with the negative consequences and try to see what you do have and what you can still go for fully;
- Invest in maintaining contact with others. Meet online, stay informed about each others' life, go for a run together etc.;
- Bring structure to this maze of challenges:
- Where should the attention go first and what can be tackled afterwards?
- What works and can be used as the basis of the new structure?
- What needs to be improved?
- Focus on what is going well and strenghten this;
- Be aware of the fact that this situation may also offer new opportunities. For example, investing time for self-development;
- Dare to explore new options.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or read the full article here in Dutch/English.